Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My new home

 I am fascinated but also troubled by the physical and emotional processes we go through to make a new place a home. I just moved far away from most people I love and have never really experienced this type of exhilarating independence mixed with very real loneliness ever before. I am not afraid of living or being by myself -- I would just enjoy having a good friend or companion to explore and just plain live/be with. 

But I am slowly beginning to feel alright in my new surroundings. There's this inner calming and warmth that seems to grow when I am able to discover joy and love in a place. It's a feeling of comfort and clarity -- something I cannot really explain.  

I will post more images of this exploration. I have to admit I haven't taken my camera out much since graduation. This is something I need to change.

The pictures below are really just for me. I took them walking home tonight. I was out doing some food shopping in my neighborhood. I'm not trying to make any kind of statement with them -- but I hope they will help me make more sense of what's around me and better understand a change that's happening within me. 



Greenpoint, Brooklyn. 










My Blog List

Followers