"I suspect it is for one's self-interest that one looks at one's surroundings and one's self. This search is personally born and is indeed my reason and motive for making photographs. The camera is not merely a reflecting pool and the photographs are not exactly the mirror, mirror on the wall that speaks with a twisted tongue. Witness is borne and puzzles comes together at the photographic moment which is very simple and complete. The mind-finger presses the release on the silly machine and it stops time and holds what its jaws can encompass and what the light will stain" Lee Friedlander via the pura vida gallery
- ► 2010 (39)
- I got to work on a shoot today with Mary Ellen Ma...
- Montage of clips of Richard Avedon on Charlie Ro...
- "I suspect it is for one's self-interest that on...
- "Our connection to animals today is often develop...
- Asger Carlsen, also repped by Marge Casey catss...
- More Dan Winters,
- Dan Winters
- My ShoesCharles Simic Shoe, secret face of my in...
- Ann Woo
- Land escapes
- ▼ November (10)