Sunday, November 8, 2009

Land escapes





I barley ever read the Fader, but the photography in the oct/nov issue out right now is epic and super beautiful. See :: sweeping landscapes from across the US. I think these got to me because I'm craving for an escape out of nyc/reality.







Also. . .

Justin Venon interviewed in this issue about moving back to his hometown of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Growing up in the Midwest, I think there is a lot of truth in what he says --- people tell me I am too apologetic ::

F: The Scandianavian influence has a lot to do with what people might call the Midwestern sensibility, a pragmatism and reserve that juxtaposes weirdly with the expressiveness or even romance in your singing.

J: Yeah, I think it's what gives Midwestern art its vibe. I think it's impossible for people from around here to express themselves dishonestly. That also mean they might not jump at the chance to express themselves everyday day to everyone they meet because they might not feel like burdening someone with really honest shit. That's where the reservation comes from I think. But it's rooted in kindness. My brother says sorry a lot. We're at McDonald's and he's saying sorry to everyone. I just notice it and Im' like, Why are you saying sorry? You didn't do anything wrong. But I think ti's about not leaving a mark or trying not to leave a mar. Trying not to take up too much of someone's time or space. It's inspiring. It's about loving each other and togetherness. At the end of the day, a little bit of it is about not sharing your own troubles. I guess that's why people drink beer here.






My Blog List

Followers